We’ve been pounding away at the C50 project for a couple of weeks and I am proud to say that we have successfully adapted a 1984 G30 van front end to fit the ’65. More to come!
I’ve added a motorcycle frame jig to the arsenal of tools at my disposal. Designed, drafted, cut and assembled here. With this, I’m hoping all of the chopper, bobber, cafe racer and totally wacky motorcycle builders come out of the woodwork to let me help them with their winter projects! Click the Project Pictures page to see what I’ve got going!
After a whole boat load of frustration, the electric Buell frame is finally nearing completion!! Doing things like this on manual equipment is always a challenge but it’s a great way to keep those math skills sharp! The CNC plasma table helped out quite a bit when we discovered that some of the brackets that we had outsourced were a full 1/16″ off from what we needed. After making the adjustments in the CAD file and about 15 minutes of cutting we were back to making progress instead of losing another week.
Update: This project has come to a close. After one slight modification the frame is mounted and next week will be off to Europe with it’s owner.
We’ve completed the CNC plasma table and are ready to cut! From thin gauge material all the way to 1/2″, we’re ready to take on any project you can throw at us, from strictly functional to absolutely beautiful!